Tilehurst Village Surgery & Chancellor House Surgery
Drs Underwood & Pizura have been providing general practice healthcare within the Reading area for the last twenty five years The NHS was set up to provide health care from the cradle to the grave & we believe that we do that very well. Our plan is to grow our list to 16000. There are many local GPs likely to retire in the next few years & current recruitment issues may mean that smaller practices struggle to sustain services to patients. Our practice offers stability, encouraging our younger doctors to continue working & developing in a well led & supportive practice.
Since 1990 our practice has grown from a single handed GP Practice with a list of approximately 1800 patients to the thriving practice it is today, currently looking after 12000 patients. We have remained true to our roots and continue to practice from our two locations and are proud to now be providing health care to second & third generations of local families.
Practice Mission Statement
We aim to deliver equitable, patient driven, high quality and caring primary health care services without prejudice to the patients of our practice. Reactive to change and capable of innovation, creativity, we offer truly reflective patient services without losing sight of traditional primary care virtues.
We will achieve the delivery of a truly equitable health care service by:
- Putting our patients at the heart of all practice developments and services
• Consult our patients on the needs and demands of the practice and invite patient discussion and feedback.
• Treat everyone as an individual.
• All decisions in respect of patient management and provision of services will be based upon clinical need.
• Ensure that all clinical and non-clinical members of the team commit to undertake continuous professional development to ensure that their knowledge skills and ability remain up-to-date and meet the demands of their role.
• Robust record keeping and acceptance of technologies to assist with continuity of care and advanced medical record keeping.
• Undertake regular audit and appraisal of all clinical and non-clinical practises.
• Be leaders not followers in addressing the health inequalities of our local community
Our Commitment to our values
We provide healthcare from two prominent practice sites within Reading. We offer our patients flexibility to choose which surgery site they wish to visit, based on convenience to them. This flexibility of choice reflects our values which we really do keep at the heart of our practice service delivery and developments.
We are also delighted to have a patient group, helping our practice to provide valuable patient focus, opinion, objectivity and support to practice decisions & service implementation.
In a changing NHS with an uncertain future for small practices , our plan is to continue to grow & improve our services to all our patients.